Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Change of Venue Jurisdiction

How do you get a change of venue or jurisdiction in a divorce - child custody case. Do you petition the court? My divorce was filed and granted in Yavapai County. I filed there because that is where I got married. My 1 child, my ex-husband and I all now live in Maricopa County, where there has been involvment with the police and CPS. What does it take to get the case transferred to Maricopa County? Thank you.

Asked on 10/13/06, 10:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

Re: Change of Venue Jurisdiction

Moving the case to Maricopa County requires filing some documents in Yavapai, and filing fees to both counties. Once the case is transfered, all future matters would be heard in Maricopa County.

If you would like assistance with this matter, please contact our office. We offer a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/06, 10:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona