Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

child custody

I was not in a stable home living with my mother in a home of eight. my kids father and I verbaly agreed to let the girls stay there until I was situated and in my own home. They have been in thier fathers home now for 14 months. In this time I was having the girls three weekends out of the month from thursday to sunday and recieving child support at it's minimum. We share joint custody with me being the primary parent. I was ready to put the children in a school near my home now and dad refuses to do so. He has now threatened to gain full custody and stop child support of our three daughters. Can he do this? What can I do? and at what age can the children be to decide who they want to live with? Do I have to have his permission to switch thier schools?

Asked on 5/07/08, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: child custody

If no changes were ever made to your previous Orders, then you do have the right to insist that they return. You can insist through demands (i.e. contact from an attorney's office), through police (i.e. asking them to assist) or through the Court.

We can certainly help.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Tasha or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 5/07/08, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona