Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I did not know that child support was suppose to increase at age 12. My son is now 17. Can I go back and ask for the back increase in child support?

Asked on 2/19/14, 10:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

Child support doesn't not increase at age 12. If a child is 12 or over, the child support calculation may include a 10% adjustment, but that does NOT mean that child support would go up by 10%. Further, child support cannot be modified retroactively. If you believe you may be entitled to receive additional child support between now and when your child is emancipate (basically, age 18 or high school graduation, whichever comes later), please consult with an attorney for additional information.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/14, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona