Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Custody and spouse being able to adopt my child.

I am in the middle of what is seeming to be a tough situation. My ex and I have agreed on the child support and I willingly allowed him every other weekend visitation. I do not want to do that anymore being as he is leaving me horrible voicemails and questioning my daughter on how we discipline her. My spouse and I are at wits end and I just feel he should have to pay the child support and not have the option for visitation. I want her to be adopted by my spouse and for the other stuff to end. Is that allowed and how do we do this???

Asked on 6/09/03, 9:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: Custody and spouse being able to adopt my child.

Simply eliminating access altogether requires proof that access is no longer in the child's best interests, which is quite a high burden. However, there should be steps that can be taken to insure that he does not involve the child, and to curb his other inappropriate conduct.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. There is too much to cover via e'mail (and I am not the greatest typist). We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Cathy to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation. I look forward to talking with you.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney


1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254-1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 6/10/03, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona