Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona


My neice, who is now 16 has lived with my husband and I since she was 9 months old. Her mother, my sister is deceased and there is no father listed on the birth certificate (we have no information on him other than his name). We now need to get her driver's license and need proof of custody or guardianship. What is the fastest way to go about this?

Asked on 6/20/07, 8:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: custody/guardianship

You can, and should, file a Petition for Guardianship.

We can absolutely help.

My associate, Carlie Owsley Walker, handles these types of matter for our firm. She can explain the procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which she can discuss the matter in more detail with you.

Please call her directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact her assistant Alicia or her paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 6/28/07, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona