Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I got divorced 7 years ago in Arizona. In the divorce decree I get 50% of my husbands military pension. I never divided at this time or got a qurd . is there a law that states I get it after this long or has to much time lasped

Asked on 2/10/17, 7:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

It doesn't matter how much time has lapsed; you still have a right to those funds. Don't beat yourself up over the delay; it happens quite a bit. Just get a QDRO (which stands for Qualified Domestic Relations Order) or other appropriate order drafted up by an attorney who specializes in that area. Very few family law attorneys handle this kind of work since it is so specialized; I might suggest Bob Harrian of Harrian Law. Also, you can seek reimbursement for half of the attorney's fees from your ex-husband. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 2/10/17, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona