Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Can my ex-girlfriend that is pregnant keep me from going to my child's doctors appointments ?

Asked on 6/10/12, 10:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

Yes... she has a right of privacy. Once the child is born, you can Petition the Court to Establish Paternity... then you may obtain rights regarding the child's medical condition... but not your ex-girlfriend's medical condition.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/12, 7:26 am
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

While I cannot file a lawsuit to force her to allow you, I have in the past contacted the mother-to-be in this situation, and "leaned" on her to allow your presence. I do beleive that if she unreasonably restricts your presence at the birth of your child, it is a point to bring up if we do ever end up in fron tof a Judge. NOT A HUGE POINT, but at least something the Judge should know.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options for this issue, as well as custody, parenting time, and support. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 6/13/12, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona