Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My ex-wife and have joint custody with a visitation plan for our two children. There was nothing in the plan that stipulates how transportation is divided. I moved 35 minutes away from her. She is mad because I once said I would always be five minutes away from the children. Now she won't do any of the driving to exchange the children. Does she have the right to refuse to contribute to the transportation?

Asked on 3/21/14, 3:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

Generally the parents select a half way point for the exchange; but if that is not covered in your order, you may have to cover the cost since you moved away. Don't let a 35 minute drive keep you from spending time with your children.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/14, 11:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona