Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I am about to file for divorce. I want to know how a court will determine the amount of child support ( 2 kids 15 and 17 yrs old) . Is it based on last Income Tax filed...what if my husbands income has increased since then ( he now works 2 jobs ) before he only had 1 /part-time job. How can I prove to the courts that his income has changed , how do I obtain proof of new income / since his new job only started a few weeks ago husband is not cooperating in providing pay stubs...etc....

Asked on 2/02/12, 5:57 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Stewart Law Offices of Scott David Stewart

You should review ARS 25-320. This well inform you about the court's options. If you are looking for additional information and do not want to hire an attorney you can try our DIY service at

Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 6:10 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Child support is based on gross monthly income and a few other factors. If someone's income has changed, or flcutuates, a Judge can take that all into account.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 North 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


facsimile 602-254-1229

see our website at

Read more
Answered on 2/23/12, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona