Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona


I am petitioning my husband for divorce. he has offered to pay me 1350.00 per a month in child support and he has signed off on it. Looking at the calculator, the court would require him to pay much less. if he offers this amount, and I list it on my petition, and he agrees to it, will I still get this amount? Or will the court order that I receive a lower amount?

Asked on 5/07/15, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

Generally speaking, the court can accept a deviated amount of child support so long as both parents indicate that they know how much the support "would have been" if they hadn't deviated, and that the deviation was entered into willingly and voluntarily, and in the best interests of the children. So if he sees the calculator and still agrees to pay the increased amount, the court will most likely accept it. I would recommend that you speak with an attorney to ensure that the calculation was done properly.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/15, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona