Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Want my husband to have custody of son

My husband and I seperated for approximitly one year. I got pregnat by another guy and then we got back together. He has been there for my son all the way threw the prgnacy and the father is in prison has been sence I got pregnat and has never seen my son. My husband and I want to make it offical that he is his dad. He calls him dad and everything. I don't want this man to have any influince on my son at all. Hes a drug addict and an acholic. Hes in prison for drugs and can't stay clean. I don't want my son to have a sometime father, I want an all the time father. So how do we do this? Hes in Arizona and we live in Michigan.

Asked on 8/11/03, 1:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Want my husband to have custody of son

In AZ if you have a child the legal father of that child is the man you are married to. The real father could petition the court to name him as the legal father, but until there is a court order saying otherwise, the legal father of the child is your husband... so long as child born during your marriage.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/03, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona