Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Interest on child support

Divorced 1985 in AZ. had 2 kids, sadly 2nd child died in her care. I remarried 1986 have 3 kids together for 22 yrs. AZ. issued high supprt before guidelines, i was young 19, fell behind, got back to court in 1988, got a stable job, 2nd child gone 2 yrs. AZ. said not a per child order had to pay accumulated child support, this is owed to AZ., she choose not to work collected AFDC, 1988 support was modified for 1 child + 50.00/mo Arrears, Ex moved to michigan with my son, 1990 back to court to establish visitations, 1991 i moved to colorado, Ex got retirement fund, I got a job in my field,1994 back to court in colorado to enforce support, colorado reduced Az. payments, tried to address arrears with AZ. no response, AZ. only intercepted taxes for debt, 2002 my son was 19, back to court, Ex told colorado i owed her the money due to AZ. i did not, colorado contacted AZ. again no response, support stopped, 2003 AZ. started garnishing, contacted me, add interest back to 1988 for AZ. debt & support owed to my ex, Moved my payments around differently than distrubuted, ex got paid 2X, 2004 court in AZ. i had no council Az. said allows interest, unfair to wait till 2004! AZ. never would respond, said case closed over years?

Asked on 4/22/08, 12:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: Interest on child support

Wow, you have been through the ringer! I would need more information to answer you accurately. We do offer free 1/2 hour consultations at 602x254x7251. Please call if you would like to meet or discuss.

Carlie Owsley Walker

Read more
Answered on 4/22/08, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona