Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

We live in Phoenix Arizona. My son filed petition to establish paternity with sole custody against his ex girlfriend, she is 50% Native American. Is it true she can take this case to the reservation or can the reservation get involved here in Phoenix?

Asked on 4/27/12, 10:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

Well that will depend on a lot of things including whether she is acknowledged or registered with a tribe? Is your son representing himself? What is the basis for his sole custody argument? Does the ex girlfriend live on a reservation? What steps has his ex girlfriend taken to address the issues in the court? This is the sort of thing that has too many questions to address in a public setting. I would suggest that your son give us a call. Stephanie Coulter of this office at 602 462 1004 can arrange a time when I can discuss this directly with your son, if he is not represented by counsel already.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/12, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona