Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

how can my mother take my daughter without my knowledge and not give her back and the local authorities say they cannot force her to give me my child. there is no custody order.

Asked on 6/13/12, 4:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

Does your mother have guardianship... why is your mother taking your daughter... call the FBI... it sounds like kidnapping to me

Read more
Answered on 6/13/12, 8:12 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

You need to file a Petition for Habeas Corpus (Warrant for Immediate Production). It is an Order which DIRECTS law enforcement to retrieve the child.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona