Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

my ex was ordered to pay spousal maintenance and hasn't done so because he's on disability. can i enforce it? thank you, phx. az.

Asked on 7/17/12, 10:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

If he has not taken steps to modify his obligation, then you can absolutely take steps to enforce. It would be important to determine in advance the collectibility of any judgment awarded. I would aso expect that any Petition to Enforce would be responded to with a Petition to Modify.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 7/18/12, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona