Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

How do I get parentl rights of my child if the mother did not list me on the birth certificate?

Asked on 6/15/12, 1:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

You have to file a petition to establish paternity... we can help you with that if you call us at 602 462 1004

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 1:07 pm
Stephanie Ehrbright Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.

You can file a Petition to Establish Paternity and also file for Custody and Visitation with the Superior Court. You can hire an attorney to do this for you or it is something that you can do yourself. Most courts have forms and Maricopa County has a Self Help area.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/12, 1:09 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

You need to file a Complaint in Paternity, which will establish your rights. We also could contact Mother even prior in an attempt to resolve parenting issues.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 6/20/12, 5:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona