Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My sister in law and her husband came to AZ from CA to visit when they were here he left her. She is stuck here in AZ with nothing. He has returned to CA and says he doesn't want a divorce or to be married. He has given her some money here and there but not enough to live on. What can she do? What can she do to move on with her life?

Asked on 5/02/14, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

She needs to be in AZ 90 days to file for dissolution, the children in AZ 6 months for the state to have the ability to enter orders re. Decision making, parenting time etc. However, the court can make orders in certain emergencies. She can likely request support as well.

There are other methods we can discuss in more detail, but we would want to know more detail to give you the best possible answer specific to your family law matter.

We offer free 30 minute consultations if you have further questions 623-748-8973. I wish you the very best.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/14, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona