Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

In the state of Arizona can my daughter's mom keep me from seeing her if we haven't gone to court yet? I give her money every month to help with our daughter and I buy her diapers baby wipes, clothes, pacifiers, etc. We had an argument and now she wont let me see her. I am on the baby's birth certificate and she has my last name.

Asked on 10/27/13, 12:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

It is imperative you file to establish legal decision making and parenting time as soon as possible, otherwise you are unfortunately at the mother's mercy absent a court order. However, a Judge will eventually take her denial into consideration when entering their orders in this case. I would recommend saving all texts, email, and record all phone calls regarding this issue. Please know we offer free consultations up to 30 minutes should you wish to discuss your options further.




Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona