Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

my wife left home. i stay with the kids at home what can i do to get full custody of the kids?

Asked on 4/25/12, 9:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

It appears from your question that you are suggesting that your wife abandoned you and the children. Without knowing more about the facts of your case, it is difficult to provide a specific strategy. As a general proposition, it would be necessary to file a petition for dissolution in which you would request custody of your children and support from your spouse. It is often easier to resolve this family law problem with the help of a competent attorney, than to try to go it alone. Understanding the rules and procedures in a family law case when the couple has children can be complicated and emotionally taxing.

Please feel free to call Stephanie Coulter of this office, if you would like to arrange a time to spend a few minutes on the phone so that we can gather additional facts and provide you with additional information about Arizona laws covering your situation. Our office number is 602 462 1004 and we look forward to seeing how we can provide you with additional guidance.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 5:42 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

You need to file a Petition, and perhaps fr Temporary Orders. We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 4/26/12, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona