Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My wife told be she no longer wants to receive spousal maintenance from me. Can my spousal support order be terminated early if we both agree to it in writing?

Asked on 11/11/14, 2:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

If you both sign a stipulation to terminate the spousal maintenance award, I can't see any reason why the judge would not honor that agreement. I recommend you consult with an attorney before signing anything, just so there is no question about the implications of the agreement.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/14, 2:10 pm
Michelle Scopellite Goldstein & Scopellite, PC

You will need to hire an attorney to go back to court to have a new order entered regarding the support, and that attorney will also need to remove the support order. But yes, this should be able to be done, with proper legal basis.

Goldstein & Scopellite, PC has qualified divorce lawyers and litigation attorneys available to represent you at either one of our law offices located in Dallas, Texas and Tucson, Arizona - Please visit our websites at and for more information or to contact us.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/14, 5:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona