Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arizona

What legal course can we take. A drunk driver plowed into my house leaving the structure unsafe to live in (red tagged by building inspector). He is a foreign vistor who was driving a rental car. His two friends also drunk in the car live next door to me. Please provide necessary steps to be taken. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Asked on 4/17/12, 8:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Warren Markowitz Warren R. Markowitz, Esq

What you need to do is file suit against the driver and thed rental car company. The driver is responsible for the damages and can be sued in the jurisdiction in which the damage was caused, namely were you live. The rental car company can be sued under other issues of responsibility, i.e, it is there car.

As for the neighbors, if they were passengers, there is no responsibility on their part.

You may wish to contact your insurance company to discuss getting the house fixed and living issues.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 8:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arizona