Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arizona

i live in arizona and bought a car from apolice officer in payments for two years. now that the car is paid off he wants it back because the car is in his wife's name and they are separated and she still owes payments on the car to the car lot. if i dont surrender the car she will call it in stolen. what can i do.

Asked on 4/02/12, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

When you purchased the car from him, was the purchase agreement in writing? Do you have copies of all of the checks for payments which you made. These are things we would need to review to discuss your rights and a strategy to resolve this issue. I suspect that you do not have clear title on the car, since the police officer is now saying he wants the vehicle back. If you would like to have us review the documents evidencing the purchase and discuss a specific strategy to help you with your issue, please call Stephanie Coulter of this office at 602 462 1004 to make arrangements for the review.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/12, 6:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arizona