Legal Question in Immigration Law in Arizona

I am a US citizen and have been married for almost three years now. My spouse was granted conditional residency after we turned in all the proper paper work and applied for her citizenship. We filed an I-751 form for removal of her conditions a few months ago. The results came back that immigration needed more time to review our case and extended us one more year to make the final decision. Since then it has become apparent to me that I no longer wish to continue a relationship with my spouse. I am wondering how this will affect her residency, our application and further more any legal repercussions.

Asked on 10/15/13, 10:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

USCIS can still find that it was a bona fide marriage when entered into & approve the I-751, even if you do not remain married. Although it makes the case a little easier if you remain married until the I-751 is approved, it is no guarantee that the case will be approved merely on those grounds.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Arizona