Legal Question in Immigration Law in Arizona

i recently got married to a russian citizen. she immigrated to the US under a previous marriage which disolved before she recieved her green card. she filed a VAWA application with immigrations which was approved. then started the filing forms with her lawyer the time and later found he was filing everything wrong. she fired him and filed the I-751 on her own and recieved a one extention. recently she found that her application was getting declined due to an arrest in arizona for which charges were dropped by the state. i am currently in the military and on assignment in afghanistan and of course my fear is my wife being deported while i'm away. i suppose all i'm looking for is advice on what steps to take and how to make this right.

Asked on 7/18/11, 7:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tsirina Goroshit Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit & Associates, P.C.

It is important to see your spouse's entire immigration file. I-751 could be refiled, you can petition for her and other steps can be taken to prevent deportation.

You may contact our office for further evaluation at (212)880-1538.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/11, 7:13 pm

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

I would need more information before I can advise you. Please contact my office at 904-576-2581 or email me at [email protected] for a free consultation. We may be able to have you file for her as an immediate relative but I need to know what the arrest was for.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/11, 8:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Arizona