Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Arizona

Requesting permission to use copyrighted material

I would like to to be given permission to use copyrighted and trademarked material for reproduction. More specifically, I would like to use scenes from various movies in posters that I would sell. Do I need an attorney? Whose permission do I need?

Asked on 5/21/04, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Freeman Freeman Law Office

Re: Requesting permission to use copyrighted material

First, you will need permission, and the areas of copyright that you are looking at are some of the most heavily policed or monitored, so it is not worth trying to do it without permission. How you go about getting such permission will depend on the individual items you want to license.

As for whether you need an attorney, of course I think you will. It will be hard to get the copyright owners to even talk to you if you aren't represented, and a licensing contract is a very complex thing. You will need legal advice to protect your interests and insure that you get what you pay for.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Good luck on your venture.

Frank Freeman

Read more
Answered on 5/21/04, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Arizona