Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Arizona

We allowed my husband's sister and her 9 yr old daughter to stay with us during her divorce. We have no written lease agreement and she has not paid us a dime toward utilities, groceries, mortgage, etc. She has been using our garage as a storage space for her belongings- We have to park our cars on the street. She was supposed to obtain a storage unit back in November, 2012. She also leaves her daughter, at a moments notice and expects us (we are newlyweds) to provide child care, We do not receive any payment for this either.

Our verbal agreement was that we would help her until she got a job (which she did), and that she would find before and after school child care for her daughter and obtain her own dwelling within a reasonable period of time.

We recently asked her to make arrangements to move, but she refuses to go. What are our legal options?

Asked on 3/14/13, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

You should review the AZ Residential Landlord Tenant Act which will tell you what to do in order to evict a "guest."

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 2:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Arizona