Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

Property dispute

my daughter is sueing me over property that i currently own. she claims that we had a verabl agreement that she is half owner, although her name isnt on any documents of this property. she has filed a suit against me. i dont have the finances to carry this out for long time. i am under the impression that is what she is looking for. any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Asked on 7/30/02, 9:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gloria Meyer Meyer Law Office

Re: Property dispute

Generally, a verbal agreement regarding the transfer of real property is invalid. The Statute of Frauds requires such agreements to be in writing. However, under certain circumstances your daughter may be able to claim an ownership interest in the property. There are several factors to consider, and the particular facts of the situation are very important. Time is also very important in this situation. You must respond to the complaint within the time allotted or you may lose by default. You may call my office at (480)895-0100 if you would like further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/02, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona