Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

We just purchased a home, and the back wall (masonry fence) is caving in due to the neighbors behind us compromising the foundation. Their lot is lower than ours, and when they dug out ground near the fence it has caused the wall to cave in. What are our rights?

Asked on 6/10/13, 3:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Riley Snow The Law Office of Riley S. Snow PLC

It would be a good idea to check the property line to determine how the wall is located between your property and your neighbor's land. You want to be sure it was your wall and not your neighbor's wall. Assuming it is your wall and located (at least partially) on your property, you most likely have a legal right to have it repaired. As a property owner, you have a right to adjacent support. This means a neighboring property owner does not have the right to grade his land in such a way as to cause improvements on your property to collapse.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call.

-Riley Snow

(480) 477-6311

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona