Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

Can my dad use a deed of trust to give me and my husband his home if anything were to happen to him?

Asked on 6/15/13, 12:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

No. Your dad could make a beneficiary deed which would provide, in the event of his death, that his home would go to you. I do not recommend to clients that the beneficiaries named be anyone other than the actual children of the parent, then it is up to you, if you want to give an interest in the property to your spouse at that time. It is more important that your dad give someone he trusts, his power of attorney, so that in case of his incapacity, someone can make medical decisions, pay his bills and pay his taxes, and in general, take care of him.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona