Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My father just passed away recently, leaving my mother stuck with a mutual will saying that she has to give her assets and house to her 4 children when she passes away. However, I am the only child looking after my mother. My 2 siblings do not care about the welfare of my mother and do not even acknowledge her. While the other 'child' in the will is from another mother. I am thinking to sell my mothers house and use the money for her expenses. However, I am afraid when my mother dies the other 3 parties will come after the will and a court case will follow. My question is that: 1. Should I sell the house? 2. Is there any way a mutual will can be overwritten? (Note: My step-mother is very evil and would do anything for money. She even demanded my father's death cert)

Asked on 3/20/14, 3:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Bruen CBCG Law, PLLC

That depends on a number of other factors, including when the wills were executed, what language is contained in them, and your mother's current status. If your mother has questions about this issue and wants to know what her options are, she should take a copy of the will(s) to an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/14, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona