Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

How does a person document that they do not want to be resussitated?

Asked on 2/27/10, 10:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

contact a hospital near you and ask them for their Do Not Resussitate form. It is not filed or recorded, you would be well advised to keep the notice nearby in case something happens to you.

It is more important that you obtain a durable health care power of attorney, so that you have someone, with legal authority, to make decisions for you in the event that you are unable to make decisions for yourself, and that would include the do not resussitate instructions you would like enforced.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/10, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona