Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

Recently I have been served with small claims court paperwork. This paperwork was submitted by my son in law. In 2002 I opened up an account soley in my name for my grandchildrens college fund they are both under 13. My daughter and my son in law were aware that the account was soley in my name due to my son in laws gambling addiction. I deposit money of my own in this account every month for my grandchildren. I have received a couple of checks from other people for my grandchildren for birthdays and christmas last check was in 2008. Till this day I am still depositing money from my checking to this account for my grandchildren. Recently in the last 1-2 years I have had a falling out with my daughter. In the claim my son in law is requesting $1,000.00 from this account for the children. I am not sure where he is getting this amount from and need advise on how to proceeed with a response.

Asked on 1/28/13, 2:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Be sure to show up in small claims court and tell the judge your side of the story. Provide all documentation you have.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 7:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona