Legal Question in Workers Comp in Arizona

hi I have been working 16 years one place a case of frozen pizza (30 lbs.) fell on my face (flat on) I went to employers dr. and they said musclespasms..I couldn't afford to be off or light duty so I told them it wasn't so bad they closed case now 2 m0nths later where it hurt I can hardly move my neck ..something else is wrong Not muscle.. can I get to reopen the claim... hurts BAD..

Asked on 9/19/13, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Stillwell Stillwell Law Office, PLLC

You need to contact the Industrial Commission of Arizona and see if a claim was ever filed. If not, file one with them. If it was, and the claim was either closed, or classified as "no time lost," you still have reopening rights. If the claim was closed less than 90 days ago, you should immediately request a hearing. If longer than that, then you must have a doctor's report that states that today you are suffering from a new, addition or previously undiscovered condition, and that the condition is caused or contributed to by the original injury.

The Industrial Commission website, has many valuable resources that may help you. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 12:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Arizona