Legal Question in Administrative Law in Arkansas

local government taking of privite property

My local government wants to obtain ten feet of my property for a easment and they wanted to offer one doller for the transaction of the property. Do i have any leagel stand if i dont agree with the offer?

Asked on 5/08/01, 6:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: local government taking of privite property

If the property is valuable you can force them to file a lawsuit to condemn the property under government's "emminent domain" procedure, have the value determined by a jury, and accept that decision.

Government has the ability to take it against your will, but they must provide you fair compensation.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/01, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Arkansas