Legal Question in Business Law in Arkansas

I'm in business with my father doing plumbing and heating and air conditioning. Three and a half years ago I enrolled into a technical college to get my associates degree in heating and air conditioning in which I did receive it. I went to school to learn the trade and on behalf of my father's company. Now i'm nearly $40,000 dollars in debt because of student loans. By him being the owner of the company that does work in the in a field that I went to school for, is he obligated to pay the student loans or am I stuck with the debt myself?

Asked on 7/10/11, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can say the following. Unless your father or his company said they'd pay for your education, you're responsible. And your degree will qualify you for jobs throughout your lifetime. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 7/10/11, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Arkansas