Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arkansas

sexual abuse to 6 yr. old

what does it take for the law to press charges for sexual abuse? My 6 yr. old son said his dad makes him put his mouth on his private. so of course there will be no physical evidence. so now what happens? how can I keep him away from my kids?

Asked on 11/21/08, 9:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: sexual abuse to 6 yr. old

Get up, walk straight to the telephone, call the police, the County Solicitor, and DSS.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/08, 10:14 am

Sheryl Schelin Law Office of Sheryl Schelin

Re: sexual abuse to 6 yr. old

I would add: take your son to a doctor, IMMEDIATELY. Tell him your suspicions and ask for a full exam. Do this AFTER you have contacted the police because if the doctor sees signs of abuse, he's required to inform law enforcement. I think it's best if you do it first.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/08, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arkansas