Legal Question in DUI Law in Arkansas

misdeminor dui

can you go out of the country with this on your record

Asked on 3/07/07, 9:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Clifton Hypsher Hypsher & Assoc., LLC

Re: misdeminor dui

Depends where you wish to go. I have heard, but not confirmed, that there may be a problem going to Canada for a certain period after a DUI conviction.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/07, 11:25 am
Philip Rosmarin Rosmarin Law Firm

Re: misdeminor dui

Yes, but you might not want to drive.

Most countries place no travel restriction on those convicted of a misdemeanor. However, if your vacation destination is Canada, you will need to contact a Canadian consulate to apply for a special waiver. Even President Bush needs a Head of State waiver to sample a Canadian brew at the source.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/07, 12:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Arkansas