Legal Question in Family Law in Arkansas

does paternity fraud work two ways?

my ex-girlfriend has willfully kept me from attaining dna testing for our daughter so that i may have the right to pay child support and hopefully visitation rights. she kept me off of the birth certificate as well. i was wondering if there was the possibility that i could sue her for paternity fraud over this. the child is 15 months old. that is how long this has been going on. i know that paternity fraud would protect me if i wasn't truly the father and was forced to pay child support, but will it go both ways?

Asked on 12/16/08, 7:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: does paternity fraud work two ways?

You cannot be forced to pay child support without having the opportunity to have a DNA test.

If you think you are the father, you should seek to have paternity established and see your child.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/08, 10:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arkansas