Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Arkansas

I bought house owner financed, paid 450 a month per contract for around six years, the contract was for ten years. in 2006 we made a verbal contract while I was going to school for me to pay 200 a month for another ten years starting in January 2007. The owner recently got upset because I would not agree to buy the property next to me at a ridiculously inflated price and has stopped cashing my checks and wants me out of the home that I have almost paid off. I am sitting on the money and have written proof he will not cash the checks. Does he have any legal ground to stand on kicking me out and taking the house? I live in Arkansas.

Asked on 10/25/15, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

No. You have protectable rights. Hire an attorney sooner than later.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/15, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Arkansas