Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

Attorney Resigns from PI Case

I had an Arkansas attorney who worked on a PI case for me. The auto accident happen in 2002, about 10,000 in doctor visits as late as 06, he resigned, released in April 07. I am very close to a settlement that is at least 10,000 more than he wanted me to settle for. There is a lien, if I've managed to get this amount and he resigned what and why do I owe him? Is he intitled to the money? How do I sue an attorney in Arkansas? No discussion prior to his resigning. I learned he had resigned because I emailed a question about a document he sent. Thanks.

Asked on 6/23/07, 2:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: Attorney Resigns from PI Case

I think your attorney would have a hard time asserting a lien on a case that he resigned from. However, it all depends on the contractual language in your contract with him.

I would sugguest that you contact a local AR attorney that can review the documents and advise you on your options.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/07, 10:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas