Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

Student Transport

I am a high school teacher, and get in situations where I need to transport students (e.g. field trips, starting next week I'm giving a student a daily ride to and from school) in my own car. If I were to get in an accident, could I get sued? Is there anyway I can protect myself? If I have a permission slip, is that sufficient?

Asked on 9/21/07, 6:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: Student Transport

Yes, you could be sued.

A "permission slip" or other acknowledgment will not protect you from potential liability for negligence.

There may be other variables if you are acting in the course of your employment.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/07, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas