Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arkansas

I'm doing a rent to own on the house I am living in. I have been in it 3 years now and before I moved in I put a $5000 downpayment on it and have since put in some costly improvements and I have never been late or short on my house payments. My question is this I know that the owner did not make his mortgage payment on this house this month and I am afraid of loosing what I have in it if it gets forclosed upon what can I do to get my money back?

Also another thing is the owner bought an SUV from me on payments and they blew the engine up in it and have refused to make anymore payments on it or to give the SUV back to me as requested *they junked it*, so I took out the 2 months owed to me off my house note and this is how I know the mortgage payment was not made.

Please help me I'm a single parent of 2 and on disability.

Thank You

Asked on 3/22/11, 3:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chad Oldham Oldham Law Firm, PLLC

If you ultimately lose the house, you will have an action for breach of contract. You can also sue on the contract for the vehicle. Contact an attorney in your locale.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/11, 3:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arkansas