Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arkansas

My brother cheated me out of my fair share of my mother's house that was put up for sale after her passing. The home sold for $600,000. He gave us the other four siblings $40,000. And kept the other $400,000 for himself. I kept inquiring about the rest of my share , so stopped speaking to me. I discovered that my brother actually sold the property to himself, then bull dozed the home and built apartments on the property. He has never let us examine ant of the paperwork about the sale, the trust, his being the trustee.etc. can I sue him for the balance of my money still due to me

Asked on 1/19/16, 1:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Depending on the circumstances, probably. You need to hire a lawyer to review the case and see what your options are. It appears there is fraud or at least constructive fraud here. With that you have the option of unwinding any transactions that were court approved.

Bottom line: Hire a good lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/16, 7:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arkansas