Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I just came here on a B2 visa from China to visit my boyfriend of 4 years. His family has decided to have a big family reunion in May to celebrate 2 college graduations and the grandmother's 84th birthday. My boyfriend has now asked me to marry him during the reunion. What would it take legally and cost wise to change my visa to get married here in California in May?

Asked on 3/13/13, 6:16 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Mercy Sequeira Law Office of Mercy Sequeira

You must contact an attorney who will evaluate your case and give you options. Most professionals will not quote you fees without a consultation. My offices handles such cases and can advise you. You can reach us via email, [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 6:27 pm

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

We normally charge between $1500 - $2000 + USCIS Filing fees, but we must speak with you and your boyfriend before we decide to proceed. You may send us an email at [email protected], Attn: Ramia, Paralegal

Tel: 619-922-5287, 619-501-1616

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 9:48 pm
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

If your visa is current, most lawyers in LA will charge between $1500 to $2000 for the legal fee.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California