Legal Question in Tax Law in California

Let's say that I'd like to establish a nonprofit corporation in California. I don't want to structure it like a foundation, but I'd like to use the word "Foundation" in the corporation name when I register with the Secretary of State. Can I use the word "Foundation" without getting into a mess with federal (or state, though I don't think California distinguishes "foundations") tax implications as a result? I've done some legal research, but the answer is not forthcoming.

Asked on 7/12/10, 5:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Muntean Mark Muntean, Attorney at Law


Read more
Answered on 7/26/10, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California