Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

Can I file a chapter 7 and retain my home? Can the house be put into a family trust prior to filing to protect it (there is no equity and it is upside down)?

Asked on 9/12/09, 7:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vincent Gorski The Gorski Firm, APC

If there is no equity in the home, you can keep it in Chapter 7. However, you must be current on all mortgage payments. If you are not current, you will have to become current before filing.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California