Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

How to file a Ex-Parte Motion in Bankrupcty Court. I need to know where to locate local rules. Thank you.

Asked on 1/05/11, 12:53 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Markus Law Office of Mark J. Markus

The local rules can be found at

Mark J. Markus, Attorney at Law

Handling exclusively bankruptcy law cases in California since 1991.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/11, 12:57 pm

David Gibbs The Gibbs Law Firm, APC

The Court's website has all the information you need. Look to see what Court the debtor filed in - if you are in Venice, I pressume that the debtor filed in Central District of California whose website is What you are looking for is probably an application for a motion to be heard on shortened notice - not an ex-parte motion.

*Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, The Gibbs Law Firm, APC's (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided is general and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence. As required by 11 U.S.C. 528, we must now disclose that, "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Assistance we provide with respect to Debt Relief may involve bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."

Read more
Answered on 1/10/11, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California