Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

How to get a LAWYER who knows Compulsory Process Power (subpoeana duces tecum) and obtain custodian of records to fight an 496(a)?

(I'm NO LAWYER but I can read....

enough to know my Lawyer needs to be efficient in Civil,Criminal, and Business)

Asked on 4/12/12, 2:10 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Hong Shen Roberts Law Group

Before doing anything yourself, find criminal defense attorneys and get help. Your strategy to fight 496a should be set by the attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 2:20 pm
Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I agree with Mr. Shen.

Any criminal defense attorney should know how to subpoena evidence from third parties. And unless there is something unusual about your case, you should not need a lawyer who is an expert in civil litigation or business law.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 2:33 pm
Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law

call different attorneys in the area where your case will be heard until you find one with whom you are comfortable. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 2:33 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

As indicated by the others, your focus and worry about subpoenas is misplaced. Get an experienced criminal defense attorney, the rest are basic procedure and pleading issues. You are fighting a criminal charge, not a civil suit defense. Documents are not difficult to subpoena. If it is going to be a document intensive case, taken large amounts of time, expect to pay for that time. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help, using whatever defenses there may be, and have been doing this for over 30 years. .

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California