Legal Question in Business Law in California

What is the best legal way to handle this situation? I went to a school and took a Phlebotomy course, took my national exam and passed. The owner of the school, has not found a place yet for me TO COMPLETE MY INTERNSHIP. i ALSO FOUND OUT THROUGH STATE "LABORATORY SERVICES" THAT SHE IS NOT STATE APPROVED. MY COURSE AND CERTIFICATE IS NOTHING TO ME NOW. AND SHE TOOK $750 FROM ME. HOW DO I APPROACH HER TO GET MY MONEY BACK? WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS?

Asked on 6/17/10, 11:06 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Muntean Mark Muntean, Attorney at Law

Suing in small claims court would be best. You will need to prove that she represented that her course was state approved, and you would need to prove that the course was not state approved.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/10, 2:18 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You sue in small claims court for any provable damages and costs, up to $7500.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/10, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California