Legal Question in Disability Law in California

My boyfriend was charged with "spousal abuse" for an incident that was totally accidental and non relevant to the reason why I went to the hospita in the first place. My boyfriend was trying to get me out of the car so he can go to work but i wasnt having it, I fell onto the ground and bumped me head, that was the reason why I went to the hospital, the officer even declared that was not his fault for the charge. The head bud, on the other hand is what he got charged for which happened the morning of (totally irrelevant) also the head bud was accidental, my boyfriend has no intention of harming me. What should I do? I dont want any charges pressed for something that is not true. I want to drop this case, but i would told it was not up to me to charge this report in the first place. What can i do to drop this? its just blown of of proportion

Asked on 12/20/12, 3:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

When talking about domestic violence charges, police and prosecutors vigorously prosecute those cases, even over the objection of the victim, and their tearful recanting and claims of ‘mistake’ or ‘misunderstanding’ about their repentant, apologetic abuser. They long ago grew tired of seeing the victims drop charges, only to be found later abused, beaten to a pulp or killed by the same abuser.

Your remedy to the problems you caused is to hire him a good attorney and cooperate with the attorney to try to get the DA to drop or reduce charges or defend it at trial.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me. I’ll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/12, 3:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California